Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Diane (dianeclairegmail.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 15:14:21 -0800 (PST)
Here at Cambridge Cohousing we have three types of guests: friends and
family (people who would stay in our homes if they were big enough; other
cohousers; and colleagues and people we know who come to town for meetings
and things,  We charge a cleaning fee and $25/night for the first two
categories and $50 for the third.   I like being able to exchange visits
with other cohousing communities and think the requests from other
cohousers are fine and appropriate.  As long as our guests treat us and our
place with consideration and respect, I really like being able to be
hospitable.  But sometimes guests make a mess of things and then we can
feel as though were being treated like a cheap hotel.
Diane