Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 20:05:24 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 27, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Our guest rooms are mostly used by friends and family of our members but we
> do sometimes get requests to stay by travelers who are barely or not at all
> affiliated with our community: acquaintances and friends-of-friends, folks
> from other cohousing communities, people who are cohousing-curious, people
> who came to one of our open houses or intro meetings a million years ago,
> etc.

Everyone who stays in the guest rooms has to be hosted by a member who is
present during their stay. No one questions who the guests are.

The host is responsible for orienting them, spelling out the rules, cleaning,
etc. That responsibility seems to prevent anyone from being given the keys to
an unknown person with no supervision.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines