Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:54:20 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 27, 2014, at 11:43 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>
wrote:

> My question was about how
> people in your community feel about that.  Or perhaps you don't get
> requests from other cohousers, etc like we do.

We do get requests from other cohousers -- we are in DC, museum capitol of the
world. And from people attending conferences that know of us from one source or
another. To my knowledge it has only become an issue if the "outsiders" are not
using the facilities well or are obnoxious or something. A family of 6 once
tried our patience because it was six people living in the common house.

The biggest problem has been when people were staying here and their host is
absent. Everyone else has to answer questions and explain things without a clue
who these people are. Stressing that residents are responsible for their guests
all the time they are here has reduced the number of outsiders. People are not
willing to take so much responsibility for people they don't have a
relationship with.

If so many people requested the rooms that residents were being squeezed out,
it would also be a problem.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines