Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 05:55:05 -0800 (PST)
I was thinking about this question last night and realized that the
distinguishing characteristic isn't whether the guests are friends, members
or strangers; it's the purpose of the visit.  Are the guests staying in our
guest room to visit US (either our community or someone in the community)
or are they here for some other purpose and using our space as a "hotel"?
 It's the latter that I have mixed feelings about.

This question arose for me because I'm on our "guest room team" and
currently working on refurbishing the rooms, and while doing so I was
musing on who would be enjoying the space I'm working on.   (It's really
important to me that our rooms be warm, comfortable and welcoming, which at
the moment they aren't. )

Diana