Re: Community wide Wifi
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:15:26 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 27, 2014, at 5:26 PM, Mariana Almeida <missmgrrl [at] yahoo.com> wrote:

> If there is a risk in eating some of these things, then you can control for
> that in the other many meals a week you eat, outside of common meals. But of
> course, this belief of mine is colored by my sources of information!

We have asked one of our members who is a committed animal rights sympathizer
to give us a comprehensive source to guide our decisions. Without a guide to
best practices or even possible practices, we have waffled on all issues
depending on who is raising the loudest voice this week. This is not
satisfying. We never know when there will be new objection and can't be sure we
have covered all the bases in material choices for furniture, for example.

With a source that everyone will accept as a norm, then individuals can make
their own decisions but they will vary from a good standard rather than a lower
standard.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

(Some of us are still trying to get the peanut butter with the bad fats out of
the CH refrigerator, even though one household likes it and keeps buying it.)