Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Patricia Lautner (lautnerpjpcohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:23:42 -0800 (PST)
The guest rooms are very busy here at JPCohousing in Boston.  Since our
policy is that nobody may stay who doesn't have a formal host assigned, I
don't think it ever comes up that total strangers would stay in the guest
rooms.  We do host other cohousers from different parts of the world but
only when a member agrees to be host.  Sometimes I have friends who come to
town for a conference and I host them in the guest suite.  I may not even
see them very much but they are my friends and I want to host them.  I look
at the guest suite and the entire commonhouse as MY home (that is shared)
and it's perfectly reasonable that I would welcome my friends to stay at my
place when attending a conference in Boston.

Patti Lautner
Jamaica Plain Cohousing, Boston MA