Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:30:27 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 28, 2014, at 8:55 AM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Are they [snip] using our space as a "hotel"?
> It's the latter that I have mixed feelings about.

This also raises questions about insurance. If the word gets around that you
are running a bed and breakfast. Probably local laws don't cover two rooms but
who knows. Liability would be an issue and might be affected if in the process
of filing a claim it was discovered that these people were not really
friends/relatives of residents.

One reason for having a member responsible for all events is that it is then a
member event, not an outside event. A member has to ask for permission to hold
the meeting, schedule the space, and supervise the event.

But as I said, hotel shopping has not really been a problem here. Other than
non-family or close friends, guests are usually cohousing people or friends of
friends. No one wants to be responsible for hotel-type guests so this is really
a self-limiting possibility.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines