Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Mary Ann Clark (drmaryann49mac.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 08:15:36 -0800 (PST)
We live in a travel destination and for a while we had some folks using our
guest room as an alternative to a motel room.

Many people were uncomfortable with this for lots of reasons including insurance and
liability issues, security issues, etc. We ended up changing our policy so
that people using the guest room had to have someone in the community as their host.

This allows for friends and family, even friends of friends, people interested
in the community, and members of other co-housing communities but not complete
strangers. Members of our Marketing Committee usually serve as hosts for
prospects and members of other communities.

This has worked out well for us.

Mary Ann
Manzanita Village, Prescott AZ
Where temperatures are ranging from 28 to 61 today, perfect winter weather!

--
The library is a large building filled with books and journals. It functions
sort of like Google, but deeper.

Mary Ann Clark                                                  drmaryann49
[at] mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/drmaryann/index.html

On Jan 27, 2014, at 03:39 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com>