Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:14:28 -0800 (PST)
Ann says this so well.  I'd like to add two thoughts.  One - I love the idea of
a network.  One use for this network is an internal home exchange so that
grandparents with children in Portland, OR might be able to offer the exchange
of their own home in cohousing in New Hampshire (just for example) for a week
or two at a time.  There are many other uses for cohousing home exchanges but
the grandparents one speaks to my own interests.  Second, I don't know why
communities could not ask for a financial contribution to help offset the cost
of keeping guest spaces comfortable and available.  I know some already do and
think it's worth gathering information about cost to stay in guest rooms that
would be available to all.

liz

who says...send some of that snow North to us who want it!

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com
Pinnacle Cohousing at Loch Lyme Lodge
Lyme, NH
Home 802.785.4124
Work 802.831.1240
Lodge 603-795-2141

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White