Re: Guest room or cheap hotel?
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:24:22 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Mary Ann Clark <drmaryann49 [at]
mac.com>wrote:

> Members of our Marketing Committee usually serve as hosts for prospects
> and members of other communities.

I'm curious how your marketing committee members respond when they get
requests from former prospects.  This happens to me occasionally, as
someone who has had lots of contact with prospects over the years.  "Hey,
this is so-n-so, remember me?  I stayed with you for a weekend a few years
ago when I was looking at homes there.  How are you guys?  I'm coming to
Boston next month and was wondering if I could stay there..."

This type is request is one of the reasons I'm posing this question to the
list.  I'm never sure how to respond because of my own mixed feelings.  I
*could* say "Oh, sure, I remember you.  Let me see if someone in the
community wants to volunteer to host you".  Or I could volunteer to host
myself.  Or I could say "Sorry but you are no longer a prospect so...no."

What do YOUR folks say?

DIana