Great Opportunity for Wanna-be Formative Groups
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 15:29:19 -0800 (PST)
Is your group still debating how or where to best start a new cohousing
community?

Are some of your members also debating selling their homes now or later while
others are ready to move in or debating how to create a rental unit, or
considering moving to an established community?

I suggest you consider moving as a group to become settlers in a well
established community that has already jumped all the hurdles of formation,
stabilized its environmentally sensitive property, established a tradition of
operating by consensus without irreconcilable conflict, and offers an operating
common house and community meals plus immediate opportunities for households to
buy a home, possibly create rentals or build 10 or more new homes.

Liberty Village may not be the only established cohousing community with
readily available opportunities for purchase, rental, or new homes, but we are
certainly very supportive of newcomers and responsive to your inquiries,
whether single households or larger groups.

Please check us out at our website:

http://www.libertyvillage.com

or find us also at:

http://www.midatlanticcohousing.com

or check out our profile at:

http://www.cohousing.org/directory/view/2687

I also invite other established communities with multiple new home
opportunities available to join this topic for discussion on the merits of
homesteading as settlers vs. breaking new ground.

Tom Lofft

Founding Partner, Liberty Village, MD (one of 23)

Director, Mid Atlantic Cohousing, Inc. (501-c-3) (one of 5)

always inviting more participation