Re: appraisals
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2014 13:53:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi Holly,

In the twelve years we have lived here, no one has been charged extra for an
appraisal at Jackson Place Cohousing, in Seattle. Our homes basically sell
for market value. The comparison is to other condominium homes in the
neighborhood, not to other cohousing communities, even though there are
several in our area (but not in our specific neighborhood). Some other
condominiums in this neighborhood have more shared amenities than we have,
and some have less. None are actual functioning communities of neighbors
other than ours. But, being a cohousing community is not part of the defined
property as such. We are legally defined as a condominium, and that is how
our homes are appraised.

I hope this helps a little.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie