Re: appraisals
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousingpartners.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 06:58:59 -0800 (PST)
It is a lot easier to do a cohousing appraisal in a city where there have
been other new condominiums built. It particularly challenging in more
suburban and rural areas where there are no nice new condominiums, and
anything attached was built cheap and is consider quite inferior. We
rarely had issues with appraisals at Doyle Street Cohousing, but up here
in the Sierra Foothills it can be a real challenge, and then there was the
appraiser for the Senior Stillwater Oklahoma commmunity who really had to
work hard to try to make any sense of it, since there  was nothing like it
in the State. It really helps if you can educate your local appraisers.

Katie
Nevada City Cohousing
--
Kathryn McCamant, President, Architect