Re: Counting votes
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 17:59:30 -0800 (PST)
At Cornerstone in Cambridge, MA, we seek first to use classical consensus for
all decisions at the plenary level.  In this process, all individual members
have the right to voice objection, and all objections must be addressed and
resolved before a proposal is adopted.  But ...
     If it proves impossible to resolve all objections, then we may choose to
go to a 75% super-majority vote.  In this case, each dwelling unit (not each
member) has one vote, and so long as we still have quorum, the 75% threshold is
calculated against the denominator of participating households (a number
usually less than the 32 households of our community).  No proxies or absentee
ballots are allowed.

Philip Dowds