Re: Initial membership criteria, reentry
From: Elizabeth Magill (pastorlizmgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:22:07 -0800 (PST)
Early in development we had a thing called "stepped back" which meant that you
were still a member but didn't have to pay monthly dues and couldn't take part
in consensus. Mostly when folk were stepped back they didn't attend anything,
but some attended social events.

To come back you had to "get caught up" on any issues coming up for consensus.
I don't remember if you had to pay for the back months.

During construction we had a household that had paid 20% of their home. When
they left our deal said that you had to leave the money behind. So when they
came back we said ok.
The second time they left and came back we grumbled.

The third time they had to meet with our finance team and promise not to leave
again.
They never did buy...and lost their investment.

-Liz
(The Rev.) Elizabeth M. Magill
www.worcesterfellowship.org
www.mosaic-commons.org