Re: Counting votes
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:13:09 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 4, 2014, at 3:16 AM, cohousing-l-request [at] cohousing.org wrote:

> We make almost all our decisions by consensus, but by policy, in case of
> failure of consensus we fall to a vote. In that case, each household has a
> single vote
Similarly:
RoseWind Cohousing, Port Townsend WA ( long-established).
Membership is defined as legal ownership. All who are legal owners, one or more
per household, are empowered in consensus, individually.
We have a back-up voting process (only used once in almost 25 years!) which
allows one vote per household, and that vote may, optionally, be split
proportional to ownership interest. Unless that latter concept is invoked, any
member of the owning household may cast the vote for that membership.

But like I said, we virtually never have needed the back up voting.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
www.rosewind.org