Community wide Wifi
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:46:29 -0800 (PST)
Does Mosaic Commons also use cable internet service provider?

If so, I presume that you have individual ISP routers inside each home?

Can that router provide access outside the home as well?

I ask because at Liberty Village, MD we have predominantly Cable TV, landline
phones & Wi-fi, although Verizon may also be available. The homes are well
insulated, 6" fiberglass in 2 x 6 framed walls, but not foil sheathed.  A
wireless router here may be accessed from neighbors' homes up to 500'.  Some
duplexes only contract for one service and work from the single router,

Can Smartphones link via the wi-fi server inside the homes?

Just seeking knowledge. I do like the idea of achieving better energy
containment and reflection through foil sheathing.

Thanks

Tom Lofft

Liberty Village, MD

Diana Carroll dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com wrote:
Subject: Re: [C-L]_ Community wide Wifi

Yes, the cell phone issue here at Mosaic bob mentions is real and I
reluctantly agree with him though in general I LOVE our super insulated
homes.