Re: appraisals
From: Fred-List manager (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 04:14:10 -0800 (PST)
 Kathryn McCamant <kmccamant [at] cohousingpartners.com>
after putting the attachment at:
http://l.cohousing.org/Coho_Sale_Data_Sheet_June_2012_Bartholemew.docx

I have worked with a commercial appraiser (does construction loan
appraisals, but not home loan appraisals) out of Davis, Ca for years. Lee
spoke at the last Cohousing Conference in Oakland, CA and generously
offered to collect data on resales for any cohousing resales that are sent
to him. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone sends him their data....If
communities could collect this data, including the initial sales data when
the community first opens, this would provide a great database,
information that could be used to make a case with lenders and even Fannie
Mae. This would also be a great project for the Cohousing Association to
support by posting the attached form for information to be filled
out--then just fax or scan it to Lee. Lee has been very generous with his
time talking to appraisers from around the country over the years. He
lived in Muir Commons for a while, so has a good understanding.  The key
to collecting resale data is not to leave it to the household
selling...they're moving on and unlikely to care, but rather for someone
in the community to take on this task for the longterm good of your
community and cohousing in general.

Lee Bartholomew, ASA, MRICS
Bartholomew Associates, Inc.
200 B Street, Suite C