Re: Software Programs/Databases
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:37:51 -0800 (PST)
For accounting, Quickbooks is a good compromise for easy user interface mated
with real double-entry bookkeeping.  It also supports cloud-sharing of files.

I concur with Sharon re FileMaker Pro: It (not Excel) is the go-to workhorse of
our office — and a program well worth learning for almost any purpose (I
personally have more than 1,000 recipes logged into it).  Filemaker is very
powerful, but it may seem over-technical to those unacquainted with set theory,
Boolean logic, SQL, and relational architecture.

There are probably some standard, canned, institutional membership and property
management programs that novitiates could get up and running sooner.  I can't
say I know what they are.

Philip Dowds