Re: Software Programs/Databases
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:45:26 -0800 (PST)
another vote for FileMaker Pro - liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com
Pinnacle Cohousing at Loch Lyme Lodge
Lyme, NH
Home 802.785.4124
Work 802.831.1240
Lodge 603-795-2141

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:22 AM, Sharon Villines wrote:

On Feb 7, 2014, at 10:18 AM, Gloria Hoffman <hoffman1 [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a commercial software program to keep track of finances
> and/or databases for membership information?

There is a new online service called Freshbooks that is wonderful for finances.
Since it is online multiple people can access it from various locations. How
many depends on the level of service. Easy to learn, clean design, good support.

I use FileMaker Pro for membership and information tracking because a database
is infinitely flexible. From the same information I print contact sheets.
labels for cubbies, a checklist for fire drills, a checklist for meals, etc.
Anything a member needs -- tracking sheet for dryer vent cleaning, parking
spaces, etc. Having a database is very helpful and much more useful than a
spreadsheet. A less powerful database would probably suffice but I like
FileMaker Pro.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines