Re: Software Programs/Databases
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 09:17:36 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:37 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> I concur with Sharon re FileMaker Pro: It (not Excel) is the go-to workhorse
> of our office — and a program well worth learning for almost any purpose (I
> personally have more than 1,000 recipes logged into it).  Filemaker is very
> powerful, but it may seem over-technical to those unacquainted with set
> theory, Boolean logic, SQL, and relational architecture.

But you don't have to learn any of the more advanced capabilities until you
want to use them. I like a database over Constant Contact because it is so
flexible. It will do anything. I also belong to an email list were questions
are answered. And there are help sites also.

I like Freshbooks over QuickBooks because it has a cleaner more intuitive
design. I think it does much more but haven't looked at Quickbooks in a few
years. It does invoicing, time tracking, time tracking by project, etc. It
would be useful for Workshare, for example.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC