Re: Software Programs/Databases Filemaker
From: Liz Ryan Cole (lizryancoleme.com)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 05:37:38 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 7, 2014, at 11:37 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

I concur with Sharon re FileMaker Pro: It (not Excel) is the go-to workhorse of
our office — and a program well worth learning for almost any purpose (I
personally have more than 1,000 recipes logged into it).  Filemaker is very
powerful, but it may seem over-technical to those unacquainted with set theory,
Boolean logic, SQL, and relational architectur

.....one more comment about Filemaker - I don't even know what Boolean logic,
SQL, etc. are, but I use File Maker to manage thousands of addresses with
hundreds of pieces of information related to each person, teaching notes, data
for articles I am writing, etc.  (and yes, it's great for recipes too). So
don't be intimidated by how powerful it is.  I am not technical at ALL.  :)  liz

Liz Ryan Cole
lizryancole [at] me.com
Pinnacle Cohousing at Loch Lyme Lodge
Lyme, NH
Home 802.785.4124
Work 802.831.1240
Lodge 603-795-2141

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire
to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White