Re: Software Programs/Databases
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 07:41:08 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 10:18:13AM -0500, Gloria Hoffman wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a commercial software program to keep track of finances
> and/or databases for membership information?

We've ended up having all the software we use be web-based so it can be
esaily accessed from anywhere and access can be shared by multiple
individuals with the aim that no single person becomes a dependency :-)

We use Quickbooks online for all the association accounting and access
is shared with our CPA who prepares our taxes and provides us advice.

We use a slightly modified version of the original:

  http://www.infocentral.org/

for our membership directory (it allows you to print out a pdf directory
with pictures which is very useful for new folks joining the community).

I think if we were to start over again, we would probably choose to use
Google Apps and pay the $25 per adult per year fee in exchange for us
not having to maintain the website/software/etc. which becomes harder
over time as individuals' interests and availability change...

--
Adi
Great Oak Cohousing