Re: Software Programs/Databases
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 19:19:48 -0800 (PST)
At 04:50 PM 2/10/2014, Sean wrote:
<snip> I wrote a web based accounting system that is easy to use and exactly tailored to our community finances. This also allows us to have the website automatically invoice households for common meals, guest room usage, HOA, eggs from our chickens, etc.

Sean, not to pick on you, but are there other members of your community who really understand your system on a technical level or who could reasonably become familiar with it without needing to spend a whole lot of time learning your tools?

I have a concern over internal computer systems that someone has developed on site - what happens when that one person is not available to work on it? What's the likelihood that the system can be updated or tweaked by other community members? There are so many different web-based tools, at quite different levels of sophistication ....
      Muriel