Re: Use of email
From: Caity McCardell (caitycaityandstefan.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:59:27 -0800 (PST)
Tierra Nueva cohousing recently made a list of email agreements. We decided
not to call it "email etiquette" since that implies saying "thank you" and
"please," and really what we wanted to convey was a sense of what works and
what doesn't work.

To answer your questions, Malcolm, we've had our share of "blame and shame"
but this agreement seems to have helped a bit, and is a great reminder when
things get out of hand. For those who don't use email, important
announcements and business matters are posted in our office. Here's our
list:

I agree:
1. to keep all emails as short, factual and clear as possible;
2. to refrain from forwarding mail, unless it is related to TN business;
3. to include all Tierra Nueva residents in community business email;
4. to provide clear subject headings;
5. to not assume that everyone will read it (a copy should be posted in the
common house office if it is important community business);
6. to discuss in person, rather than on email, controversial topics.

In spite of the fact that I'm a heavy email user, I definitely appreciate
#6!

~Caity
www.tncoho.com