Re: Exterior modifications
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 07:41:39 -0800 (PST)
Diana,

Here at Jackson Place Cohousing, in Seattle, Washington, we are also legally
organized as a condominium. So, I have learnt how important it is to have
obligations that we want to be legally binding over time to be written into
our condo docs, such as our declaration and bylaws.  If the obligation of
homeowners to be legally liable for maintenance of
modifications of their homes that extend into common areas is not already
clearly stated in your condo declaration and possibly your bylaws, I think
you need
to get a lawyer to help clearly state  it there. I think that is the only
way you can be at all sure that a new homeowner is bound by such an
obligation, or have any recourse if the new homeowner doesn't want to be
bound by it.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan