Re: Exterior modifications
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 13:50:06 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM, Sharon Villines
<sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>wrote:

> In addition to Philip's points about ownership & the exterior envelope,
> there are other issues. If someone builds a deck over an area that is a
> Common Element, thus converting it to a Limited Common Space, that should
> also be recorded as well.

Can you say more about this?  Why would building a deck (or in our current
example, an access ramp) in common space automatically change the
classification of the space?  In this case, I was assuming the space
continues to be common unless we take some legal action to change it (such
as the easement I was wondering about.)

Diana