Re: Exterior modifications
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:10:30 -0800 (PST)
On Feb 18, 2014, at 5:35 PM, Diana Carroll <dianaecarroll [at] gmail.com> wrote:

> Our "schedule of beneficial interest" is part of our docs and is registered
> with the county Registry of Deeds.  Changing it would require getting the
> approval not just of all the unit owners, but all the primary mortgage
> lenders too. We've never done that, because the process seems pretty
> daunting!

Eastern Village has reportedly done this twice and it was not a hassle. It's
paperwork. If you have a member who is good at lists and tracking details, it
just means sending a letter to each of the banks (which you should have on file
anyway). Many of them will be the same.

What is daunting to one member will not be daunting to another.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC