condo fees
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:21:08 -0800 (PST)
I'm super curious about what other cohousing communities' condo fees are.
 Anyone want to disclose, along with (broadly) what that includes?

I'll start.

At Mosaic Commons our budget is divided into two parts -- basic HOA
(mandatory) and cohousing (voluntary sliding scale).  The average monthly
total is $461 (HOA $367 plus $94 cohousing)

As I mentioned in another email, we have affordable (subsidized) homes and
their condo fees are subsidized too.  The average for the subsidized homes
is about $216 a month ($162 HOA + $54 cohousing), and for market rate homes
$550 ($450 HOA + $100 coho)

The monthly totals range from $170-$900.

This includes exterior maintenance of homes and site, water/sewer,
"walls-in" insurance.  It doesn't include unit utilities, interior
maintenance or property taxes.

Mosaic Commons in Berlin, MA