Re: Experiences in handling difficult issues
From: Moz (listmoz.geek.nz)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:54:43 -0800 (PST)
Eris Weaver said:
> First off, if  you are using consensus...drop the word "vote"! I know this
> may sound petty, but words are powerful...and consensus is NOT voting.

This!

It's a really hard mindset to get out of, even for people who think
they're anarchists rather than democrats. We're told so often that
democracy is the best possible system that it's hard to break out of
that mold.

Consensus is about reaching agreement, not forcing people to do what
they're told. The cliche about voting is "two wolves and a sheep
deciding what's for dinner". No-one wants to be the sheep :)

Moz