Re: email etiquette
From: Malcolm Eva (malcolmm-eva.co.uk)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 02:11:28 -0800 (PST)
I think it implies that posts, especially if expressing strong views/opinions,
should be addressing the common good rather than an individual's private
concern.  Sounds good and noble, but actually would be harder to follow; when
we fiercely disagree with somebody's perspective we think we are concerned with
the common good, and miss that in fact we just don't personally want to go
through change.   I think the phrase is an exhortation to step back and check
our own motives before hitting 'send'.

Sorry not to be more positive about the interpretation, but having missed the
meeting I've relied on people's report backs and these notes from the meeting.
 That phrase appeared in the notes, but no one relayed that part of the
discussion to me.

Malcolm