Re: email etiquette
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 08:33:59 -0800 (PST)
That's interesting.  That seems to mean that one's strong personal views,
opinions and feelings should not be discussed on email unless the goal is
for group, rather than personal, benefit.

My question then is: in what forum *should* one's strong views, opinions
and feelings be discussed?  Is that limited to meetings?  Or are such
expressions considered inappropriate entirely in the group setting, and
should just be discussed with one's personal support network instead?

I would have a hard time with that, personally.  I certainly think it is
reasonable that I be required to discuss such things respectfully and
civilly, but I'd chafe with the idea that my personal opinions should only
be discussed if the discussion was for group benefit.  I would want to
reserve the right to say "You know what?  I know you all want to paint the
common house green, but I have to say I just hate the color green.  I won't
block it is that's what everyone wants but...ew."

(Hypothetical example chosen.  Our CH is in fact green and I have no
problem with the color!)