associate membership policies
From: Martha Wagner (wordbizpdxgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:42:11 -0800 (PST)
Does your community have an associate membership policy that’s been in effect
for at least two or three years? In my community, we don't have such a policy
yet, but would like to know what other communities have done to formalize
welcoming relationships with neighbors as well as former owners and renters.
Here are some questions we have:

Do your associate members pay a one-time or annual fee per individual or family?

If there is a fee, what does the fee entitle them to?

Is there a screening process used for people wanting to become associate
members?

Can associate members participate in work parties, cooking, etc., and if so, do
you have them sign a liability waiver?

Are they welcome to attend your meetings, and if so, do they participate in
discussion and decision-making?

Have problems arisen with your policy or is it working well?

Martha Wagner
Portland, OR
http://columbiaecovillage.org