Re: a bequest to our community
From: Chris ScottHanson (cscotthansonmac.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 12:22:20 -0800 (PST)
Shari,

What a generous offer! You (plural) will want to proceed to discuss this
request with an experienced estate/probate lawyer - immediately. You want to
get the paperwork in place with all the documents necessary to allow for a
smooth transfer when the time comes.

I assume the community will want to keep the unit as a rental, but maybe that
is not your intent. If you intend to resell it and use the proceeds for your
community reserve fund, you should probably talk about that with the grantor
now.  In other words, I suggest you discuss long-term use of the ownership of
the unit now.

Let me know if you have trouble finding a good lawyer. I can find one for you
quickly.

Chris ScottHanson
Fifth Street Commons
130 Fifth Street, C202