Bylaws, the law, and Sociocracy
From: marcia . carlson (marcia.carlsongmail.com)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 08:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
At Columbia Ecovillage we are in the process of transitioning to
sociocratic governance and want all residents, whether owners or renters,
to be able to participate as fully as possible.  We are now trying to cross
our "t's" and dot our "i's" regarding Oregon statute law and our By-laws.

If your community is using sociocracy or dynamic governance, we would
appreciate hearing about any legal issues that may have come up when you
implemented sociocracy, and how that may have affected the structure you
chose.  For instance, was there concern about the legal status of top
circle decisions, or were any By-laws changes needed?

Marcia
http://columbiaecovillage.org/