Re: Finding New Members
From: S. Kashdan (s_kashdanhotmail.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 04:20:28 -0700 (PDT)
This is Sylvie Kashdan of Jackson Place Cohousing, in Seattle, Washington

I think that including information about the cooperative nature of your
community, including your method of decision-making, expected
responsibilities and shared benefits is important in all announcements of
sales. People should not be afraid of discouraging buyers, and it is best to
encourage the ones who are interested in cooperation over those who may not
care for it.

Here at Jackson Place Cohousing, we have found that encouraging all
residents to share announcements of sales with groups they are part of
outside the community has often been the most effective means of bringing
interested people to us.

Cohousingly,
Sylvie

Sylvie Kashdan