Re: Bylaws, the law, and Sociocracy
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:47:59 -0700 (PDT)
Our Cornerstone Board was originally conceived as existing only under duress,
for titular rubber-stamping purposes.  In more recent times, we've begun to
feel that's a waste of a good committee, so now the Board has more real
functions to perform.  The big difference, I think, is that in regular folks'
condos, the association rarely meets, while in our coho and others, the
association meets in a monthly plenary.  Some Sociocrats think this is a waste
of valuable member time.

Philip Dowds