Re: Finding new members
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
To respond to Sharon's point about how useful the community's website is
for members, our community calendar and documents are in a non-public
section of our website, and it gets updated frequently and is very useful
to us too. But it is private. The public part of our website is updated
nowadays only to show units for sale.

I think our site is friendly and inviting though nothing on it is
particularly current. But really, when you're not in active marketing mode
any more, it's hard to know how to update the website. even annually, so it
looks fresh. Does anyone have a suggestion for this?

I've been on websites for communities that ARE in active marketing mode and
they often contain notices of past events. Now that looks bad!  We no
longer put on Y'all Come public events to post about, and even if there
were, I wouldn't want someone to have to keep updating the site to remove
outdated references and add new ones, what a pain and if it doesn't get
done in a timely manner, the site looks badly untended.

I see no correlation between a static website and the vitality of its
community.
    Muriel at Shadowlake Village
    where the website is not above average