Re: Petition for FHA & Other FHA refusals
From: Diana Carroll (dianaecarrollgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 05:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
PS regarding "proof"...it's an interesting thing trying to prove that
there's an unwritten policy in an agency that is far from transparent.  It
took activists *years* (decades?) to "prove" that the mortgage industry was
systemically denying mortgages to people of color.  Lots of people were
shouting into the wind about that outrageous reality before anyone took
them seriously...I think it wasn't until the whole subprime mortgage
debacle brought national attention to the situation that people really
started listening.

Diana