Costs for Shared Services [was Shared community internet service
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 09:21:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Apr 1, 2014, at 11:24 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net> wrote:

> At Cornerstone, the big obstacle is an unwillingness to be part of communal
> funding of services and equipment needed and used differentially.

I have problems with this sometimes because I don't use many of the more
expensive items/services here. But my rational is that I like living with
people who do use those facilities. I like the people who like the hot tub and
for which it is very important --even if there are only 5. The same for the
kids room, game room, exercise room, etc.

I am changing my mind about the laundry room, however. We frequently have to
replace and repair the machines and it is often because of how they are used --
too much detergent is the biggie. And only a few household use it. I now think
a low fee is appropriate -- one that covers costs.

The laundry room and the hot tub have ongoing costs. The other facilities are
less high maintenance on a monthly basis.

But I also think we should have a charge for guest room use beyond a minimum.
We now have a donation amount of $25 a night but I'm not sure it is paid very
often. But some people use it a total of several weeks a year and others a few
days. Others none. And there is an ongoing expense for linens.They just
disappear.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines