Re: Legal underpinning of Cohousing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
On May 11, 2014, at 8:46 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> The person who moved in after the bylaws were written is legally bound by
> them. Signing the ownership papers committed him to that.

I missed the part about this being a new policy you passed. If it was passed
according the decision-making policy, how can it be illegal?

> Highline is in Colorado, right? Have you contacted the other cohousing
> communities there? Or Jim Leach?

I would still do this.

I can't imagine that the state can require you to hire a management company.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC