Re: Helping owners sell
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 17:36:58 -0700 (PDT)
On May 24, 2014, at 1:52 PM, John Goldberg <johngoldberg [at] hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I would like to know what other Cohousing communities do to help sellers when
> they want to sell their homes

I'm waiting for Ann Zabaldo to reply for Takoma Village because she was
instrumental in starting a resale and rental pod to review policies, write
welcoming & newbie materials, schedule orientations and tours, maintain
notification lists, etc.

We had not good experience with realtors even when we spent time with them
explaining Cohousing. It is impossible to inform every realtor in a city about
cohousing and once on multiple listing, any realtor can show the unit. Since
our best security system is that we don't have strangers wandering around this
was not good. We have 20+ children running around.

One realtor didn't even show people the CH. I don't think we have ever had a
sale through a realtor to a person who wouldn't have found us directly anyway
because they were looking for cohousing. I think 2 sales may have been handled
by realtors but we were closely involved in both. We did have a good realtor
who was a neighbor and had known many of us since we moved in in 2000. I'll let
Ann talk about her experience with that realtor.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC