Marketing efforts that worked well?
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 13:58:56 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

I am starting this thread to ask for marketing/recruiting ideas that worked
well for other groups in the drive to fill out membership before beginning
development work. We have one third of our minimum number of members before
we are ready to take the next step, hiring designers and engineers on the
way to developing and selling lots.We have twelve acres with an existing
house that lends itself well to being remodeled into our common house. We
have a wide south-facing slope that is ideal for passive solar homes,
springs and a stream, we are outside the city limits (no zoning) but across
the road from those limits so we can walk or bike into town. That's why we
named it "Stone's Throw Ecovillage."

We have open houses on the property each month, have held a few workshops
and educational evenings over the last four years, have business meetings
open to visitors every two weeks, are listed on the ic.org and cohousing.org
websites, and I take part regularly here on cohousing-l.

We would love to hear about the ways that were particularly successful for
your group to find and sign up new members!

Thanks,

Jerry McIntire
www.stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com