Re: Marketing efforts that worked well?
From: Jerry McIntire (jerry.mcintiregmail.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:29:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your thorough response on marketing. I will take a look at our
website again. There is a paragraph or two about Viroqua, but that deserves
more I'm sure. We knew nothing of the place before we visited, except that
a well-established Waldorf school was there. It indeed has many
attractions: organic farms and Organic Valley's headquarters; some of the
country's best fly fishing; art and active artists in all sorts of media
including theater and radio; thriving Waldorf education K - 12; a number of
friendly, accessible Amish communities; the Kickapoo river (Wisconsin's
windiest); the Mississippi river and the scenic bluffs lining it (many
British tourists place it at the top of their list for U.S. attractions);
the largest and most amazing food co-op in a town of 5,000; home to some
celebrated chefs like Monique Hooker; a strong farm-to-school lunch program
in both the public and private schools; growing employment in local
value-added food production (Kickapoo Coffee, Fizzieology, WiscoPop, DelSol
Chocolate, ...); the growing traditional and survival skills courses of the
Driftless Folk School; good hunting and fishing; an abundance of
alternative health practitioners, many of whom work at the hospital; a
safe, calm, rather inexpensive place to live.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Thanks again for your suggestions. This is
going to be a long description!

I'll be sending another message to the list about our permaculture design
weekend coming up Aug. 1 - 3. It will be a very affordable opportunity to
learn permaculture principles and possibilities, especially related to site
design.

Jerry McIntire
www.stonesthrowcommunity.wordpress.com