Re: Marketing efforts that worked well?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 11:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
Ruth Hirsch wrote:
>  you may want to consider tee shirts
> (or hoodies.)  We  were going to do tee shirts that said
> 'ask me about co-housing' or 'ask me about my community'

If you can get an easy to remember URL on the T-shirt that would
give people a no committment way of finding out more.  Some people
are inhibited about approaching you and asking.  Or they may not
have time or opportunity when they see you.

With a bit of effort you should be able to get something like
bit.ly/iowa-coho    That is some URL shorteners allow custom urls.
bit.ly being one of the best known.

You may want to have it printed:
www.bit.ly/iowa-coho
or
On the web at  bit.ly/iowa-coho

Note that in this case you DO NOT need the "http://"; part since to
use it a human would have to type it into the browser location bar.

Alternately you might include something like
"search for us on the web - iowa city cohousing"

Note that there is a big tradeoff between the amount you put on
a T-shirt and the font size and the readability.
And please avoid "cute" handwritten like fonts that are hard to read.

Fred