Re: Unvaccinated kids in community
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
> A long-term member, who recently researched this after her grandson was
> born, has become concerned and is saying she doesn't want us to accept any
> new members who have and/or intend to have unvaccinated kids.

There is growing concern about some childhood illnesses making a resurgence
since children are allowed to go unvaccinated. Since the current generation of
parents have never experienced these illnesses, they are not aware of the
dangers.

I would search the New York Times website to read recent articles on this. I
don't remember that the articles were conclusive one way or another but the
first outbreaks in many years of some diseases such as whooping cough and polio
have appeared. I don't remember whooping cough but polio was a horrible
nightmare for many kids who caught it and for all kids who lived in fear of it.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC