House for Sale Cobb Hill Cohousing, Hartland, Vermont
From: Edie Farwell (edie.farwellgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:43:56 -0700 (PDT)

House for Sale

Cobb Hill Cohousing, Hartland, Vermont

Cobb Hill Cohousing is nestled in a beautiful valley in eastern Vermont where a
community of people are exploring ways to live that are ecologically,
materially, and socially sustainable.  Our community includes 22 energy
efficient homes, a working horse powered farm and dairy and numerous
member-owned agricultural enterprises.  Our 270 acre commonly owned property
includes a large common house, barns, hiking and cross-country skiing trails,
pastures, sugar bush and gardens.

With 12 years of living and working together, the residents at Cobb Hill have
met remarkable collaborative success in practicing sustainable land and energy
management. Small, privately-owned enterprises produce dairy products,
vegetables, award winning cheese, frozen yogurt, lamb, beef, mushrooms, eggs,
fruit and honey; forestry skills and hard work are establishing our woodland as
a role model for land management in Vermont.

Homes feature solar hot water, passive-solar orientation, green building
design, a central wood-burning heating system, and high-speed internet. This
highly energy efficient, 2100 sf. home with open floor plan enjoys immediate
access to 22 miles of trails, patio with stone fireplace, covered porch and
one-of-a-kind art shower. It has 3-5 BR, and 2 baths. There are wide pine
floors on 2 levels and a finished 700 sq. ft. walk out basement with generous
storage and utility rooms. Solar hot water and the community's wood-fired
boiler keep shared utility costs extremely low. Price $390,000.

We are located just 20 minutes from Dartmouth College and from one of New
England's premier medical centers. This is a vibrant area where the arts
flourish and outdoor recreational opportunities abound. Excellent schools and a
healthy, safe environment make it a great place to raise children.

We look for members who share our interests and intentions and who will be
active participants in community life.  Learn more about Cobb Hill at our
website, www.cobbhill.org, or contact us at: Membership [at] vermontel.net,
802-436-1036, or 802-540-2560. For further information on the house for sale,
please see http://cobbhill.org/membership/sales-a-rentals or contact Edie
Farwell edie.farwell [at] gmail.com, 802-291-2896.