Re: Solar Panels on cohousing units
From: Douglas G. Larson (ddhleearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 08:16:05 -0700 (PDT)

> Puget Ridge Cohousing  in Seattle wants to install solar panels on the
common house and on individual units.  Our ownership structure is as a
condo.  We would appreciate seeing agreements from other > cohousing
communities regarding the installation of solar panels and solar hot water
especially on individual units.

Songaia Cohousing put solar panels on several of our units in 2013.

We installed solar on 6 of our unit buildings. We didn't do the common house
because it wasn't cost effective given its position in relation to the sun.

Each unit chose to opt in or opt out of the solar installation. Opting in
meant putting up $20,000 per unit for the installation. There were WA state
incentives that expired in 2013 that we took advantage of as well as federal
tax credits each homeowner was eligible for.

I don't understand your question about agreements. What sort of agreement
are you talking about?

Doug Larson,
Songaia Cohousing,
Bothell, WA