anyone using a web-based reservatoin system for guest rooms that accepts credit cards?
From: Stephan Sylvan (stephan.sylvangmail.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:04:56 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Cohousing-L,

At Eastern Village Cohousing we have a suggested $20 donation for use of
guest rooms to help defray the costs of cleaning, maintenance, etc. Since
our cohousing community is rather large (55 units), we live in a major
tourist area (DC metro), and we have 3 guest rooms, our poor guest room
committee is overwhelmed with issues related to reservations.

We've begun exploring web-based reservation systems used by bed and
breakfast inkeepers, small hotel/motel inkeepers, etc. to manage the guest
room reservation process including taking credit cards for the $20
donation. If it worked out, such a system should eliminate most of the
issues associated with collecting and processing checks as well as others.

Does anyone know of any cohousing communities that have adopted or explored
such a system? ​I noticed a bunch of Cohousing-L postings on web-based
systems for reserving common spaces. We have one such system that seems to
work well. But for our guest rooms we seem to need one that can handle the
financial part as well.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I would also be happy to share the Google docs spreadsheet we are creating
to evaluate the various web-based reservation systems for lodging if that
would be of interest.

In community,

Stephan