Re: renter's role in decision making
From: Daniel Lindenberger (danielsmallboxcms.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:24:40 -0700 (PDT)
At Windsong Cohousing we make no distinction between renters and owners in
terms of decision making, and it's served us well.

1) As a community that combines owners and renters, it makes sure that both
perpsectives are represented.
2) It doesn't make the renters feel like second-class citizens, which can
impede community connection
3) We often have renters become owners eventually, and the transition is
smoother when it's a change in ownership not also a change in community
status

In 18 years (I've only been here for 6 of them) I'm not sure we've ever had
a problem arise from having both renters and owners participate in the
consensus process.

Cheers,
Daniel Lindenberger